2018 Vendor Application
May 5 2018
Location: Downtown Dover, DE
State St, North St, & Bank Lane
Vending Time: 9AM -5PM
Setup: 6AM – 8:30AM
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BEFORE REGISTERING
Thank you for your interest in the 85th Annual Dover Days. Dover Days is a nationally recognized event supported by local partners and heightened media coverage. Dover Days is a Delaware tradition bringing generations together as we celebrate our history and heritage.
Due to the high demand of vendors, there is limited vendor space.
All information must be complete for consideration. Applications received in non-compliance will be rejected. This is an application only and in no way reserves a booth space and shall not be constructed as a contract or agreement.
IMPORTANT: AFTER RESERVING YOUR SPACE FOR DOVER DAYS - YOU MUST EMAIL 3 PHOTOS OF YOUR SETUP ALONG WITH A DESCRIPTION OF ITEMS YOU WILL BE SELLING WITHIN 48 HOURS OF RESERVING YOUR VENDOR SPACE VIA EMAIL. YOU WILL RECEIVE FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS AFTER REGISTERING.
Vendor Tickets are described as:
Handmade/Artisan -Handmade items such as crafts, soaps, candles, etc, that are made BY the booth owner
Non-Profit - Ticket reserved for non-profits. EIN Numbers will be requested and verified
Reseller - Items that are bought from a manufacturer, distributor, or in bulk to sell. Items were NOT made by the booth owner
Food Vendor - Selling food items including drinks, hot food, cold food, or prepackaged food
Commercial/Home & Trade - Commercial businesses looking to promote or advertise their services
**If you register as a vendor different than what you actually are, your money will be refunded and you will have to re-register as the correct vendor type**
Dover Days 2018 Festival Rules & Regulations
License Information & Vendor Requirements:
- Vendors are required to have a State of Delaware Business License. Delaware Division of Revenue, 302-577-8778.
- A City of Dover business license is not required as you are covered by the festival.
- Food vendors, a temporary food establishment permit is required by Delaware Health & Social Services, 302-744-1220.
- Food vendors using hot oil or grease MUST have a 10 lb. ABC fire extinguisher at the food vendor site – per City of Dover Fire Marshal.
- Food vendors are required to provide an approved Certificate of Insurance by April 8, 2018.
The Dover Days Committee Reserves the Right to:
- Reassign/change a space if necessary, even on show date. Spaces are not transferable by vendors.
- Deny vendor application for any reason the committee sees fit. Booth fee will be returned if vendor is not selected by the committee.
- Prohibit display of certain products/distribution of materials based on its acceptability to the general public.
- Eject vendors/visitors from the festival grounds where there is cause.
- Dover Days is not responsible for theft or damage of vendor’s display or property. Vendors are responsible for their own space, and agree to reimburse Dover Days for any damage caused by unloading, loading and operations during the festival.
- Dover Days is not liable for any damage to your equipment, merchandise, yourself or your family, friends or employees working at your booth.
Set-Up & Exhibit Information:
- Saturday: Set-up begins at 6 a.m. and must be completed no later than 8:30 a.m. No take downs before 3 p.m.
- No refunds for any reason on day of event. Event is rain or shine. See cancellation policy below.
- Electricity is not available.
- Parking is free.
- Spaces are rented in 10’x10’ sections. Spaces are located in the downtown area, including Federal St, State St, Bank Lane, North St, and spaces in between.
- The layout is NEW this year and will be moved to State St. Please make note.
- We do not supply tables, chairs, canopies, etc. This is a space rental only.
- Vendors must not block sidewalks, must keep areas clean and remove trash at end of event. Trash receptacles are not for vendor trash.
- Vendors may not park a trailer or vehicle in their space unless pre-approved; for example, the trailer is part of the display. You are required to unload and park elsewhere immediately. The Dover Days Committee will tow vehicles that are not moved or left unattended. Do not park in other vendor’s space while unloading. Be courteous to other vendors and volunteers.
- Vendors are confined to their allotted space. You may not utilize an empty space or roam around the festival grounds.
- Applications must be completed and submitted with proper payment before considered accepted. Certain vendors (food, rides, pets, etc.) are required by the City of Dover to have insurance. Food vendors are not considered registered until insurance is approved. Please call 302-734-4888 for more information
- Set-up information will be emailed to you late April.
- No loudspeakers or bullhorns may be used. Audio equipment must be approved by the festival.
- Spaces are not guaranteed from year to year. Your location is decided by the Committee.
- Vendors may distribute/sell ONLY what is listed on your application, and ONLY in your allotted space — no roaming the festival grounds to sell or distribute products, coupons, samples or literature of any kind. Please do not approach visitors with your information unless invited to do so. All materials must be displayed on your table and NOT handed out in front of your space.
- Selling of live animals is strictly prohibited at this festival. Anyone seen selling any type of live animal will be asked to immediately pack and leave.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on festival grounds.
- Cancelling before or on March 1st will result in a 20% Cancellation Fee
- Cancelling after March 1st and before April 14th will result in a 50% Cancellation Fee
- Cancelling after April 15th and before May 2nd will result in a 90% Cancellation Fee
- Cancelling after May 2nd will result in no refund
- No credits will be issued for any reason for the 2018 Dover Days
By registering and buying a vendor space from Kent County Tourism Corporation for Dover Days, you agree to the above rules and the following:
WAIVER: I assume all risks associated with participating in the Dover Days Festival including but not limited to merchandise being damaged, broken or stolen; inclement weather and all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of you accepted my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release Kent County Tourism, Dover Days, City of Dover and all partners and sponsors, their representatives and successors, from all liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in the event, even though the liability may arise out of carelessness on the part of the person named in this waiver. I grant permission to all of the foregoing to use any photography, videography or other record of this event for any legitimate purpose. By creating an account below, I agree that I have read this waiver and all rules and regulations, and understand the conditions of the application.
We are no longer accepting anymore LuLaRoe Vendors.
IN ORDER TO SEE TICKET PRICING AND SIGN UP, YOU MUST CREATE AN ACCOUNT BELOW BY ENTERING YOUR EMAIL AND CREATING A PASSWORD. AFTER ENTERING, YOU WILL BE SENT TO A SITE WITH TICKET PRICING.